Philosophy of Mind introduces readers to one of the liveliest fields in contemporary philosophy by discussing mind-body problems and the various solutions to them. It provides a detailed yet balanced overview of the entire field that enables readers to jump immediately into current debates.
* Treats a wide range of mind-body theories and arguments in a fair and balanced way
* Shows how developments in neuroscience, biology, psychology, and cognitive science have impacted mind-body debates
* Premise-by-premise arguments for and against each position enable readers to grasp the structure of each argument quickly and easily
* Diagrams and illustrations help readers absorb the more complex ideas
* Bibliographic essays at the end of each chapter bring readers up to date on the latest literature
* Written in a clear, easy to read style that is free of technical jargon, and highly accessible to a broad readership
* The only book to explain systematically how a hylomorphic theory such as Aristotle's can contribute to current mind-body debates and vie with current mind-body theories
* Online chapters on free will and the philosophy of persons make the book a flexible teaching tool for general and introductory philosophy courses
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
February 16, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.