The second exciting adventure in The Door Within trilogyawaits!
The Rise of theWyrmLordrevisits favorite characters fromThe Door Withinand opens with Aidan Thomas in trouble. Separated from his best friend by a thousand miles and unable to return to The Realm of Glimpses himself, Aidan needs a way to reach Robby with a message from KingEliam, the one true King. Enter Antoinette Reed, a bright but headstrong young woman who seems like the perfect person to reach KingEliam.
When Aidan discovers that Antoinette has been called to enter The Realm, he solicits her help to find Robby's Glimpse before it is too late. But when she arrives in the Kingdom ofAlleble, Antoinette finds the kingdom is in turmoil.Alleble'sallies are inexplicably beginning to turn away, renouncing former ties with KingEliam. And there are rumors that the dark Prince ofParagory, sworn enemy of the Kingdom, is seeking an ancient evil powertheWyrmLordto crush theAllebleonce and for all.
With over 250,000 copies sold inThe Door Withintrilogy, this is a perfect time to introduce the series to a new tween audience The fantasy genre is wildly popular among young readers, and The Rise of theWyrmLordis a heart-pounding second installment that will leave tweens and teenson the edge of their seats.
Common Core Standards:
- R.CCR.1Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
- R.CCR.2Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
- R.CCR.3Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text;
- R.CCR.6Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text;
- R.CCR.9Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take;
- SL.CCR.1Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively;
- SL.CCR.2Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
July 09, 2007
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.