Does life inside a nursing home seem frightening, unappealing, or mysterious? Are you unsure how to choose a really good one for your elderly relative? Please Get To Know Me, by Virginia Garberding, R.N., is an insider's guide to everyday life in a nursing home. Her unique experience as a professional and a family member will encourage and equip you to resolve issues lovingly and proactively.
Help your elderly loved one find comfort, safety, relevance, and respect no matter how frail he or she is.
* What is the "promise" that parents ask of their children?
* How can I communicate effectively with the healthcare team?
* Who are the significant members of the healthcare team?
* What are their responsibilities?
* Why does the quality of life depend so much on the family, when we have selected the best facility?
* How can I visit meaningfully, when the elder has Alzheimer's disease?
* How can I let go, and let God, and be able to say that last good-bye?
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
WinePress Publishing Group
January 01, 2008
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.