Raising decent, caring, and responsible children is the most complex and challenging job in every parent's life--and an increasingly difficult one in today's society. Here is the most authoritative book available on this crucial subject, a valuable and sensitive guide for parents who want their children to grow up with lifelong positive values.
Based on fascinating research, this groundbreaking work by psychologist and educator Dr. Thomas Lickona describes the predictable stages of moral development from birth to adulthood. And it offers you down-to-earth advice and guidance for each stage:
* Seven caring ways to discipline "terrible twos"
* Why your preschooler "lies" and how to handle it
*What to do about a four-year-old's back talk
*How to handle your seven-year-old's endless negotiations about what's "fair"
* Why teens have trouble with peer pressure--and how to help them
* How to talk to your child about drugs, drinking, and sex
*How to help children of any age reason more clearly about what's right and wrong
PLUS . . . A list of more than one hundred children's books that teach moral values, and much more.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
September 01, 1994
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.