For the first time, leading experts from across the industry come together to deal with every aspect relevant for today's singers, covering everything from essential aspects of vocal technique and health to choosing a mic, running a sound system, mastering vocal effects - even how to grow one's fan base and achieve and unforgettable vocal connection in live performance and recording.
Leading Experts Speak to Singers
The contributors to "The Ultimate Guide to Singing" have, between them, 92 Grammys and Grammy nominations, 193 books, 1,772 albums and nearly 300 Million YouTube views. A host of famous artists including Kimbra, Beardyman, Joey Belladonna and many others join forces with leading doctors, surgeons, producers, coaches, technologists and social media experts for the most comprehensive and user-friendly manual yet produced for today's singers.
Focused Actions for the Voice
There are 18 chapters packed with specific actions for singers when it comes to promoting their voice, developing their technique, improving their heath, mastering their live or recorded sound and dealing with money and marketing. Each action has been especially crafted to be relevant and easy to read.
The book contains 187 Frequently Asked Questions -real questions asked by real singers of rock, pop, soul, metal, jazz - all contemporary genres. Each question has been carefully matched to an expert in the field so that singers have at their fingertips insights on everything from rescuing their voice to promoting their music.
The Ultimate How-To Manual for Singers
With 18 information-packed chapters, focused actions and myriads of questions answered and leading experts, The Ultimate Guide to Singing promises to be the leading resource for singers who want to develop their voice and their career.
What Others Are Saying:
"In an ever-changing industry, to succeed, singers and bands have to know HOW. This book is IT." - Jeannie Deva, Celebrity Voice and Performance Coach.
"Finally: a book which will help you on ALL levels to be the singer you've always wanted to be." - Mary Hammond, Leading educator and vocal coach for Coldplay and many other star acts.
"Most singing books I've read have been annoyingly out of date, but I'm excited to have this modern "vocalists' bible" to refer to whenever I'm facing a real day-to-day problem as a professional voice artist." - Shlomo, World Loopstation Champion and Guinness World Record holder.
- Kimbra - Grammy Award winning artist
- David Frangioni - engineer to Ozzy Osbourne, Steven Tyler and more...
- Brian Felsen - President of CD Baby
- Al Schmitt - Engineer and Producer with more than 150 gold and platinum albums
- Divinity Roxx - artist with Kanye West, Jay-Z and Destiny's Child...
- Robert Bastian - leading surgeon, named as one of "America's Top Doctors"
- PLUS Over 100 more from every area of the Music Industry.
- Focused Actions For Moving Ahead with Your Singing, Sound and Career
- Your Questions Answered - Experts from Across the Music Industry Respond to 187 Questions
- Over a 100 Professional Contributors with 94 Grammys and Grammy nominations, 193 Books, 1,772 Albums and 280 million YouTube hits
Content That Moves Your Voice Forward
This is the only book you'll ever need to stay in control of every area of your singing life. From finding fans to using the flange effect - it's all here. Chapters include:
. Vocal Technique in the Trenches
. Recording Your Voice
. Your Vocal Effects
. Creating an Unforgettable Vocal Connection
. Promotion and Social Media
. Making Money at Live Gigs
There are EIGHTEEN chapters in all - covering all aspects of your sound, your promotion, your gear, your health and even your money.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
January 23, 2014
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.