Susan Wilson, a longtime coach and former college gymnastics champion, has written the practical guide for parents who want to encourage their daughters to start -- and stay with -- sports as a pathway to a lifetime of health and self-esteem.
Sports Her Way coaches parents in each phase of getting their daughters involved with sports. With lively examples and clear advice, Susan Wilson shows parents how to:
- Understand sports readiness and determine what activities are appropriate for their daughters' physical, emotional, and mental maturity
- Choose whether a recreational or competitive program is right for their daughters
- Exercise their daughters' minds by turning disappointments into positive life lessons about persistence, mental fortitude, and self-discipline
- Seek out diverse role models
- Create an enthusiasm for fitness that will last a lifetime
Authoritative, yet friendly, Sports Her Way is an indispensable handbook for parents, coaches, would-be coaches, mentors, or anyone who recognizes the vital role sports play in girls' physical and emotional development. With Susan Wilson's help, you will find the smart and healthy way to inspire your young athlete today -- while preparing her to be the self-reliant woman of tomorrow.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
July 31, 2000
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.