THIS E-BOOK VERSION DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY OTHER MEDIA THAT WOULD ACCOMPANY THE PRINT VERSION
Would you like to learn to crochet? Already know the basics, but would like to stretch your crocheting skills? From scarves and sweaters to hats and handbags, you can create beautiful, useful designs with ease using Crochet Patterns For Dummies. From choosing the right hooks and yarn and crocheting basic stitches to joining pieces together, this easy-to-follow guide will have you hooked in no time.
Our hands-on workbook gets you crocheting fashionable, fun designs in a focused, step-by-step manner. You get a review of the basic stitches and stitch combinations, along with a concise appendix containing easy-to-follow instructions for working these stitches. You'll find plenty of tips on changing colors and adding shape to your projects. Plus, you get full-color photos of every project--from potholders to afghans, belts to table runners, skirts to vests, and much more. You'll also discover how to:
* Decipher crochet lingo
* Make a gauge swatch, read a pattern, and understand garment sizing
* Work with the most common stitches and stitch patterns
* Crochet in the round or with color
* Shape a design through increasing or decreasing stitches
* Use new techniques like felting and working with wire
* Crochet pictures and words using the filet crochet technique
There are also quick-and-easy designs that are great for kids to make, as well as handy hints on caring for your finished items. Featuring more than 50 fantastic patterns perfect for beginners or those wanting to take their skills to the next level, Crochet Patterns For Dummies is your one-stop guide to crocheting success!
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
October 01, 2007
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.