Proven methods for diagnosing problems, improving processes, and increasing profits
In Strategic Lean Mapping, continuous improvement expert Steven Borris reveals how to visually document your organization's processes and identify problematic issues. Find out how to blend and then apply select techniques from Lean Manufacturing, Theory of Constraints, RCM (Reliability-Centered Maintenance), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency), and other methodologies to implement the perfect solution to the task at hand. Diagrams, charts, and real-world case studies help you to put the concepts presented into practice. This hands-on guide will help small companies, large global organizations, and government agencies alike find ideal solutions for individual processes or projects.
* Finding improvement opportunities
* The five principles of Lean
* The seven wastes of Lean
* The big picture map
* SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis
* Process mapping
* Capacity mapping
* Lean Manufacturing, the value-stream map, and partial value
* Problem solving and decision making
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
January 30, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.