Python is one of the most powerful, easy-to-read programming languages around, but it does have its limitations. This general purpose, high-level language that can be extended and embedded is a smart option for many programming problems, but a poor solution to others.
Python For Dummies is the quick-and-easy guide to getting the most out of this robust program. This hands-on book will show you everything you need to know about building programs, debugging code, and simplifying development, as well as defining what actions it can perform. You'll wrap yourself around all of its advanced features and become an expert Python user in no time. This guide gives you the tools you need to:
* Master basic elements and syntax
* Document, design, and debug programs
* Work with strings like a pro
* Direct a program with control structures
* Integrate integers, complex numbers, and modules
* Build lists, stacks, and queues
* Create an organized dictionary
* Handle functions, data, and namespace
* Construct applications with modules and packages
* Call, create, extend, and override classes
* Access the Internet to enhance your library
* Understand the new features of Python 2.5
Packed with critical idioms and great resources to maximize your productivity, Python For Dummies is the ultimate one-stop information guide. In a matter of minutes you'll be familiar with Python's building blocks, strings, dictionaries, and sets; and be on your way to writing the program that you've dreamed about!
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
September 01, 2006
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.