List Price: $ 17.00
Save 25 % off List Price
When the Conversation Changes : 12 Ways to Say it Right When It Matters Most
"A must read for anyone in business, government or academia. The lessons Hayashi teaches are all too often taken for granted. This work distills a lifetime of experience into easily understood actions that can benefit us all."-Joseph Major, Chairman and CEO, The Victory Bank
Key Conversations for Positive Change--SAY IT RIGHT FOR BUSINESS AND CAREER SUCCESSWhether you're trying to motivate a team, negotiate a contract, make a sale, ask for a raise, land a new job, or terminate an employee, the conversations you have will either help you succeed or undermine your goals. Communication expert and leadership coach Shawn Kent Hayashi has spent more than two decades studying how the things people say impact their business and professional lives. In her new book CONVERSATIONS FOR CHANGE: 12 Ways to Say It Right When It Matters Most, she not only identifies the twelve most important types of conversations people have, but shows readers how to reach their maximum potential by using these conversations effectively.
Hayashi identifies the 12 types of conversations that are vital for growth and success--not just in business but in every area of your life. In order to communicate well you must first master three fundamentals. These are:
* Building emotional intelligence
* Understanding workplace motivators
* Recognizing and adapting to communication styles
Readers of CONVERSATIONS FOR CHANGE, can take a free, self assessment at www.WhenTheConversationChanges.com to identify their personal communication style.
This is the book that shows you how to:
* Simplify your message--without oversimplifying it
* Reduce tensions between you and your listener
* Quickly recognize and choose the most effective interpersonal communication techniques
* Be flexible and resilient while staying focused on your objective
* Choose the right phrases for any situation
* Use timing to your best advantage
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
McGraw-Hill Companies, The
September 13, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.