List Price: $ 19.99
Save 25 % off List Price
Los Angeles, San Diego and Southern California Travel Guide
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dive into a glittering Palm Springs pool, join the human parade at funky Venice Beach, or search tide pools for starfish in sunny San Diego; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Los Angeles, San Diego, and Southern California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including lifestyle, history, art, cinema, TV, music, architecture, politics, sports, wildlife, food, drink, and more
- Over 40 color local maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Beaches & Outdoors
- Coverage of Santa Barbara, Malibu, Universal Studios, Hollywood, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree National Park, La Jolla, San Diego, Laguna Beach, Disneyland, Downtown Los Angeles, Venice Beach, Santa Monica, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California, our most comprehensive guide to Los Angeles, San Diego, and Southern California, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Los Angeles, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's California Travel Guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Andrew Bender, and Adam Skolnick.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Lonely Planet Publications
September 29, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.