Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips, your passport to the most up-to-date advice on unique experiences that await you along the Americana highways. Experience delicious multicultural meals from food trucks, stand on the edge of the Grand Canyon, or ride the solar-powered Ferris wheel on Santa Monica Pier; all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, cue up your driving playlist, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips:
- Theme icons make finding the perfect trip simple - no matter what your interest
- Itineraries and planning advice help you pick the right routes for you and tailor your trip to your needs and interests
- Get around easily with 122 easy-to-read regional and route maps and detailed directions
- Insider tips about local driving rules, parking, toll roads, and more help you get around like a local to avoid trouble spots and be safe out on the road
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, and sight-seeing
- Useful Features - including Detours, 48 hours, and Trip Builder
- Coverage of New York, Washington DC, the Mid-Atlantic, New England, Florida, the South, Texas, the Great Plains, the Rocky Mountains, the Southwest, California, the Pacific Northwest, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's USA 's Best Trips is perfect for those planning to explore USA in the classic American way-by road trip!
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet's USA guide, our most comprehensive guide to USA is perfect for those planning to both explore top sights and lesser-known gems. Looking for just the highlights of USA? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover USA, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
There's More in Store for You:
Whether you're exploring your own back yard or somewhere entirely new, Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides will ensure you have an amazing time exploringthe varied landscapes, histories, and cultures of 'America the beautiful.' Check out Lonely Planet's New England's Best Trips or Southwest USA's Best Trips for more road-tripping ideas.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Amy Balfour, Alison Bing, Becca Blond, Jennifer Denniston, Lisa Dunford, Alex Leviton, David Ozanich, Danny Palmerlee, Brandon Presser, and Karla Zimmerman.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Lonely Planet Publications
September 22, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.