'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
9 of the South's Best Trips
Whether you're a local looking for a long weekend escape, or a visitor looking to explore, Lonely Planet's Trips series offers the best itineraries - and makes it easy to plan the perfect trip time and again.
Everyone knows road-tripping is the ultimate way to experience the USA. You can drive up, down, across, around or straight through every state on the continental map. We're here to help you narrow down the options. Whether you're on a quest for that perfect Pacific Northwest microbrewery pint, fresh lobster right off the boat in Maine or the coolest classic all-night diners in New Jersey, we've got you covered. Our authors drove, paddled, walked, cycled, rode the rails and hopped buses all across the country to bring you their 99 favorite trips across the US.
This eBook-only offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips, which includes 99 themed itineraries across America.
The 9 trips chosen for this eBook include:
- 48 Hours in New Orleans
- Music City to Dixieland: A Musical Roots Run
- Cajun Country Road Trip
- Antebellum South
- Driving the Natchez Trace Parkway
- Historic Battles of the Civil War
- Eclectic Americana in the Triangle
- The Great Smokies
- Kentucky Blue Grass & Horse Country
- Easy-to-use maps for every trip, plus driving times and directions
- Theme icons make finding the perfect trip simple - no matter what your interest
- Local experts share their favorite trip ideas
Lonely Planet's USA's Best Trips is written and researched by Sara Benson, Amy Balfour, Alison Bing, Becca Blond, Jennifer Denniston, Lisa Dunford, Alex Leviton, David Ozanich, Danny Palmerlee, Brandon Presser and Karla Zimmerman.
Check out Lonely Planet's other eBook guides including USA's Best Trips, Best California Trips, Southwest USA's Best Trips, Washington, Oregon & Pacific Northwest and more.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
November 18, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.