Diabetes is the fastest growing chronic disease in the world today. 1.9 million new cases of diabetes were diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older in the USA last year. Diabetes causes chronic poor health and a shortened lifespan.
There is no denying that type 2 diabetes is an epidemic; there are currently 246 million diabetics in the world, and 90 percent of them have type 2 diabetes.
The good news is that with the right diet, nutritional supplements and lifestyle changes, you can actually reverse it! If you follow the conventional dietary recommendations for diabetes, you will likely gain weight and your blood sugar level will gradually rise. This book will teach you the best way to bring your blood sugar down and lose weight.
In this book you will learn:
* The importance of protein to blood sugar control and weight loss.
* The nutrients that diabetics are typically deficient in which can lead to poor blood sugar control.
* How to reduce your risk of diabetic complications such as blindness, heart attacks, nerve damage, kidney disease and erectile dysfunction.
* The essential tests that all diabetics must have regularly to maintain good health.
* That a low glycemic index diet is not enough to lose weight and reverse type 2 diabetics.
* Specific foods, herbs and nutrients that help to reverse type 2 diabetes.
Also included is a two week meal plan and more than forty gluten free recipes suitable for type 2 diabetics. These recipes will help you lose weight and lower your blood sugar level.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
SCB International Inc.
August 22, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.