Mining the Social Web : Data Mining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, GitHub, and More
How can you tap into the wealth of social web data to discover who’s making connections with whom, what they’re talking about, and where they’re located? With this expanded and thoroughly revised edition, you’ll learn how to acquire, analyze, and summarize data from all corners of the social web, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, GitHub, email, websites, and blogs.
- Employ IPython Notebook, the Natural Language Toolkit, NetworkX, and other scientific computing tools to mine popular social web sites
- Apply advanced text-mining techniques, such as clustering and TF-IDF, to extract meaning from human language data
- Bootstrap interest graphs from GitHub by discovering affinities among people, programming languages, and coding projects
- Take advantage of more than two-dozen Twitter recipes, presented in O’Reilly’s popular "problem/solution/discussion" cookbook format
The example code for this unique data science book is maintained in a public GitHub repository. It’s designed to be easily accessible through a turnkey virtual machine that facilitates interactive learning with an easy-to-use collection of IPython Notebooks.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
October 04, 2013
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.