A lifetime of sound and easy advice on healthy eating from the world's foremost authority on food and nutrition
The choices you make every day about food, nutrition, and health can have a major impact on your life. To find the most reliable nutrition information and positive advice for achieving optimal health, look no further--this comprehensive book from the American Dietetic Association explains everything you need to know about eating for health. It's packed with simple, practical tips and flexible guidelines to help you choose nutritious, flavorful, and convenient foods that suit your needs and lifestyle no matter what your age or stage of life.
This brand-new edition of the bestselling American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide features:
* The new Dietary Guidelines for Americans from USDA and USHHS, providing the latest science-based advice on food choices and physical activity for your health, USDA's MyPyramid food guide, and the latest American Heart Association guidelines
* More ways to include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and other nutrient-rich foods in your everyday meals and snacks
* Updated information on women's health and nutrition covering pregnancy to menopause
* The effective use of dietary supplements including herbals and other botanicals
* Food and lifestyle advice on preventing and managing health conditions (including metabolic syndrome, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease), on food-drug interactions, and on food allergies and intolerances (including gluten intolerance)
* The latest on food and water safety
* Help in making smart food choices in restaurants: fast-food, sit-down, and ethnic restaurants
* The latest on eating and hydration for peak performance
* More on managing body weight and a science-based look at popular weight-loss plans
* Quick, easy ways to blend nutrition with great taste for your family table
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
September 01, 2006
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.