List Price: $ 24.95
Save 25 % off List Price
Real Time Strategic Change : How to Involve an Entire Organization in Fast and Far-Reaching Change
Real time strategic change is a way of redesigning how organizations change-a mindset and accompanying methodology-that ensures that
* Change occurs at a fast pace and in real time throughout an organization.
* Change occurs simultaneously within the whole organization.
* Buy-in, commitment to, and ownership of a change effort is a natural by-product of involving people in the process of change.
* People feel responsible for the ultimate success of the organization's change effort.
* Broad, whole-picture views of the organization's reality form the basis of information used to support people in making changes.
* Change is viewed as an integral component of people's "real business."
* Substantial changes are made across an entire organization.
The most successful organizations of the future will be those that are capable of rapidly and effectively bringing about fundamental, lasting, system-wide changes.
In response to this challenge, Real Time Strategic Change advocates a fundamental redesign of the way organizations change. The result is an approach that involves an entire organization in fast and far-reaching change. Interactive large group meetings form the foundation for this approach, enabling hundreds and even thousands of people to collaborate in crafting their collective future. Change happens faster because the total organization is the "in group" that decides which changes are needed; and the actions people throughout the organization take on a daily basis are aligned behind an overall strategic direction that they helped create.
Complete with conceptual frameworks, tools and techniques, agendas, and roles key actors need to play, this is the first book published on this powerful approach to organizational change.
The process Robert Jacobs details has proven effective in diverse settings, ranging from business and industry to health care, education, government, non-profit agencies, and communities.
Real Time Strategic Change demonstrates the flexibility and power of this approach in stories from such diverse organizations as Marriott Hotels, Ford Motor Company, Kaiser Permanente, First Nationwide Bank, United Airlines, and a group of 18 school districts.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
August 10, 1997
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.