Revival 2.0 tells the dramatic inside story of how President Obama and his team have regained their footing and learned to fight for their political survival.
Bestselling Obama biographer Richard Wolffe (author of Renegade and Revival) follows President Barack Obama and his inner circle (including Valerie Jarrett, David Plouffe, Hillary Clinton, David Axelrod, and Robert Gibbs), from the Democratic defeat in the 2010 midterm election through their suprising resurgence over the last six months. Drawing on key sources within the West Wing, Revival 2.0 reveals:
* The story behind the personnel shake-ups and reorganization of the administration--from the departure of Rahm Emanuel and Robert Gibbs to the arrival of new figures the likes of Bill Daley and Jay Carney.
* How the White House effectively pushed through their agenda (including the START treaty and repeal of "don't ask, don't tell") with a lame-duck Congress, and positioned itself well in dealing with the new Republican-controlled House over the looming budget battles and a defense of their health care plan.
* The internal debate between Survivalists and Revivalists over the response to the revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya.
* The campaign strategy for the 2012 election as told directly by Obama's top campaign team--David Axelrod and David Plouffe in particular.
* Key insights into the killing of Osama bin Laden, how it's the crowning achievement of Obama's political turnaround, and solidifies his stature as commander-in-chief in the war on terror.
An up-to-minute guide on how an administration attempts to navigate dangerous political waters, Revival 2.0 is a must-read to understanding how Obama has grown into his role as a president and has found a way to lead effectively.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
June 09, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.