List Price: $ 99.95
Save 25 % off List Price
Optical Waveguide Modes : Polarization, Coupling and Symmetry
This in-depth work explains how transverse optical waveguide geometry influences field distribution and polarization properties. You will gain a thorough understanding of the fundamental physics of mode structure.
Optical Waveguide Modes covers single- and few-mode optical waveguides with an emphasis on single-core and multicore optical fibers and couplers, including a large range of geometries and anisotropies. Analysis is performed using extensions of the weak-guidance perturbation formalism together with elementary group representation theory. This definitive volume offers a detailed introduction to and classification of diverse forms of fundamental and higher-order modes and various polarization manifestations.
* Electromagnetic theory for anisotropic media
* Weak guidance for longitudinally invariant fibers
* Circular isotropic longitudinally invariant fibers
* Azimuthal symmetry breaking
* Birefringence: linear, radial, and circular
* Multicore and multifiber couplers.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
February 17, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.