'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
All new for 2012, this is the ultimate guide to the most exciting neighbourhood in London, covering everything from the must-see sights - including the Olympic Park - to the best kept secrets. Comprehensively mapped and full of local and insider tips, the guide includes a walking tour, information on the best-value and free things to do, gorgeous photos and up-to-the-minute reviews of the top places to eat, drink, shop, dance and catch a show.
The guide covers Whitechapel, Bethnal Green, Hackney, Mile End, Victoria Park, Hackney Wick, Stratford, Wapping, Limehouse and Docklands.
Our expert author has lived and worked in Stratford and East London for over a decade and gives the lowdown on the highlights of the area, her favourite hang-outs, what's free, and what sport and culture fans alike really shouldn't miss.
- Full colour styling and images
- Clear, easy-to-read colour maps
- Brilliant new page layout for fast and hassle-free reading while on the go
- Up-to-date recommended points-of-interest - covering eating, sleeping, going out, shopping, activities and attractions
- Scalable maps - enabling you to zoom in for greater detail
- Comprehensive interlinking - to enable you to seamlessly flip between pages, jump between maps and reviews, or visit the websites of places we recommend
- Search - go straight to what you are looking for with the inbuilt search capability
- Add notes - touch a word to add notes and personalize your guidebook
- Bookmark - use bookmarks to quickly return to a page
- Dictionary -look up the meaning of any word
- Plus pinch and zoom images and scalable font size
Written and researched by Sally Schafer
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
April 25, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.