List Price: $ 27.99
Save 25 % off List Price
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland Travel Guide
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike to the summit of Table Mountain, enjoy the diverse wildlife at Kruger National Park, or power down in a traditionally designed rondavel; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South Africa, Lesotho, and Swaziland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 85 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Activities & Adventures
- Coverage of Cape Town, the Garden Route, Hermanus, Knysna, Durban, Maseru, KwaZulu-Natal, Free State, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Kruger National Park, Limpopo, Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Western Cape, North-West Province, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland, our most comprehensive guide to South Africa, Lesotho, and Swaziland, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Cape Town and the Garden Route? Check out Lonely Planet's Cape Town & the Garden Route guide for a comprehensive look at all the cities have to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, James Bainbridge, Kate Armstrong, Lucy Corne, Michael Grosberg, Alan Murphy, Helen Ranger, Simon Richmond, and Tom Spurling.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
October 25, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.