List Price: $ 7.99
Save 12 % off List Price
Northwest Highlands - Guidebook Chapter
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet's latest Scotland's Highlands & Islands guide book and includes:
- Northwest Highlands chapter
- Understand Scotland's Highlands & Islands
- Northwest Highlands maps
The chambered cairns of Caithness and the brochs of Sutherland are testament to the skills of prehistoric builders, while cragtop castles and the broken walls of abandoned crofts tell of the Highlands' turbulent history.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Northwest Highlands, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets - all the essentials to get to the heart of Northwest Highlands.
- Understand Scotland's Highlands & Islands: Scotland's Highlands & Islands Today, History, Highland Culture, Landscapes & Wildlife, the Scottish Larder, Directory, Transport and Glossary
- East Coast, Black Isle, Strathpeffer, Ben Wyvis & around, Dingwall, Cromarty Firth, Tain & around, Portmahomack, Bonar Bridge & around, Lairg, Dornoch, Golspie, Brora, Helmsdale, Helmsdale to Lybster, Lybster & around, Wick, John O' Groats, Castle of Mey, Dunnet Head, Thurso & Scrabster, the Flow Country, North & West Coasts, Thurso to Durness, Durness, Cape Wrath, Durness to Ullapool, Ullapool and Ullapool to Plockton
Lonely Planet's Scotland's Highlands & Islands guide is researched and written by Neil Wilson.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
May 14, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.