Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Northern California is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the natural wonders of Yosemite, meet the diverse locals of San Francisco, or step into a science fiction novel at Mono Lake; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Northern California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Northern California Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and wine
- Over 68 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Road Trips & Scenic Drives, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of San Francisco, Napa, Sonoma, Yosemite National Park, the Northern Mountains, Central Coast, Marin County, the Bay Area, Gold Country, Central Valley, the Sierra Nevada, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Northern California, our most comprehensive guide to Northern California, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco? Check out Lonely Planet's San Francisco guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, Lonely Planet's Discover San Francisco, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet's Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer or Lonely Planet's Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Nate Cavalieri, Sara Benson, Alison Bing, Beth Kohn, and John A Vlahides.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
April 22, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.