List Price: $ 7.99
Save 12 % off List Price
Grasmere & the Central Lake District - Guidebook Chapter
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet's latest The Lake District guide book and includes:
- Grasmere & the Central Lake District chapter
- Lake District History, Culture & Environment and Directory, Transport & Health
- Grasmere & the Central Lake District maps
No wonder Wordsworth and his fellow Romantics waxed so lyrical about Grasmere! One of the most picturesque Lakeland valleys, Grasmere and its surrounds are bursting with literary landmarks and natural allure. Poetry not your thing? World-renowned hiking trails will keep you busy instead.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Grasmere & the Central Lake District, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets - all the essentials to get to the heart of Grasmere & the Central Lake District.
- History, Culture, Literary Lakes, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport and Health
- Grasmere & around, Langdale Valley, Skelwith Bridge, Little Langdale, Elterwater, Great Langdale
Lonely Planet's The Lake District guide is researched and written by Oliver Berry
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
June 17, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.