A Short History of Early Modern England presents the historical and cultural information necessary for a richer understanding of English Renaissance literature.
* Written in a clear and accessible style for an undergraduate level audience
* Gives an overview of the period's history as well as an understanding of the historiographic issues
* Explores key historical and literary events, from the Wars of the Roses to the publication of John Milton's Paradise Regained
* Features in depth explanations of key terms and concepts, such as absolutism and the Elizabethan Settlement
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
March 20, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.