What EMT training can't teach you, this book can
Reading this one-of-a-kind resource is like having a mentor and career coach ride along with you on every call, showing you the ropes, and explaining what it takes to become a successful medic. Paramedic Survival Guide is the perfect primer for all paramedic students--and great refresher for practicing paramedics.
Inside, you'll find narratives written by new EMTs, educators, and experts who share hard-won wisdom designed to smooth the transition from the classroom to the streets. Also included are little-known tips and tricks of the trade from seasoned medics, along with coverage of must-know topics and protocols in such key areas as patient safety and scene safety.
* Savvy career guidance on picking the right job, the recruitment and interview process, and career paths and options open to paramedics
* "A Day in the Life of a Paramedic" chapter provides a realistic, tell-it-like-it-is account of an average paramedic call, drawing special attention to the skills required to successfully handle a specific EMT case
* Taking It to the Street boxes highlight the most important concepts that new EMTs must bear in mind on the job
* Compelling statistics on the profession are interwoven throughout each chapter and reinforce key points
* Useful appendices present federal and local resources and associations available to assist medics at any level
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division
March 16, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.