Knitting Block by Block : 150 Blocks for Sweaters, Scarves, Bags, Toys, Afghans, and More
Create gorgeous sweaters, bags, afghans, and toys just by knitting the simplest of shapes--a square!
No one forgets the sweet victory of completing their first knitted block, but most of us quickly move on to more complex constructions, only making swatches for guage. In this comprehensive volume, celebrated designer and innovator Nicky Epstein reimagines the humble block with 150 new patterns and masterfully demonstrates how to mix, match, and easily combine them into stunning one-of-a-kind garments and accessories.
Inside you will find:
* 150 original block patterns, from simple textures to embossed pictorials, intricate lace to cables, colorwork, double knit, and more, all with Nicky's signature wit, verve, and style.
* More than ten exclusive project designs that will make you say "I can't believe that is made out of blocks!"
* Detailed guidance for creating exciting pieces out of block knitting, without using increases or decreases.
* Exclusive cut-and-paste project design pages. Simply cut out the printed blocks and arrange them to help create your own masterpieces.
Blocks are quick to knit, portable pieces perfect for group and charity projects, and now not limited to just afghans! Knitting Block by Block gives you the tools to unlock a world of creative possibilities and confidently build your own design "blockbusters," one block at a time.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
November 09, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.