List Price: $ 39.95
Save 25 % off List Price
The Art of Teaching Secondary English : Innovative and Creative Approaches
At a time when school-based English is in danger of becoming reductive and mechanistic, the authors of this book reconsider the fundamental philosophy of English teaching, evaluate current practice and offer a practical framework for new approaches to teaching this important subject.
The authors draw on recent initiatives in the area, including the National Literacy Strategy, but also offer wider perspectives on the formation and development of both English and English teaching in a modern society. This will help teachers develop both a personal philosophy and a critical perspective on the various traditions of English teaching as well as on current initiatives and reforms. The book includes:
* Provocative quotations from writers, artists and thinkers
* Responses to key figures in modern educational thought
* Exploration and development of the principle areas, illuminating key issues, tensions and opportunities.
* Practical possibilities for classroom practice.
The Art of Teaching Secondary English is a practical and accessible resource for everyone involved in English teaching.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Taylor & Francis
August 04, 2004
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.