List Price: $ 5.99
Save 7 % off List Price
The Prince and other works by Niccole Machiavelli
Complete interlinked edition of Machiavelli's six best known works complemented by biography and analysis: The Prince, The Art of War, Discourses on Livy or Discourses on the First Decade of Titus Livius, Description of the Methods Adopted by the Duke Valentino when Murdering Vitellozzo Vitelli, Oliverotto da Fermo, the Signor Pagolo, and the Duke di Gravina Orsini, The Life of Castruccio Castracani of Lucca, and History of Florence and of the Affairs of Italy.
This Collection Includes:
List of Works:
1. The Prince, 1513
2. The Art of War, 1519-1520
3. Discourses on Livy or Discourses on the First Decade of Titus Livius, 1512-1517
4. Description of the Methods Adopted by the Duke Valentino when Murdering Vitellozzo Vitelli, Oliverotto da Fermo, the Signor Pagolo, and the Duke di Gravina Orsini, 1502
5. The Life of Castruccio Castracani of Lucca, 1520
6. History of Florence and of the Affairs of Italy or Florentine Histories, 1520-1525
1. Biography of Niccole Machiavelli
2. Introduction by W. K. Marriott and Analysis of The Prince
3. Analysis of The Art of War
4. Analysis of The Discourses on Livy
5. List of Works in Chronological Order
"[Machiavelli] can still engage our attention with remarkable immediacy, and this cannot be explained solely by the appeal of his ironic observations on human behaviour. Perhaps the most important thing is the way he can compel us to reflect on our own priorities and the reasoning behind them; it is this intrusion into our own defenses that makes reading him an intriguing experience. As a scientific exponent of the political art Machiavelli may have had few followers; it is as a provocative rhetorician that he has had his real impact on history." -from the Introduction by Dominic Baker-Smith
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
January 01, 2008
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.