Take some heat off the complexity of thermodynamics
Does the mere thought of thermodynamics make you sweat? It doesn't have to! This hands-on guide helps you score your highest in a thermodynamics course by offering easily understood, plain-English explanations of how energy is used in things like automobiles, airplanes, air conditioners, and electric power plants.
* Thermodynamics 101 -- take a look at some examples of both natural and man-made thermodynamic systems and get a handle on how energy can be used to perform work
* Turn up the heat -- discover how to use the first and second laws of thermodynamics to determine (and improve upon) the efficiency of machines
* Oh, behave -- get the 411 on how gases behave and relate to one another in different situations, from ideal-gas laws to real gases
* Burn with desire -- find out everything you need to know about conserving mass and energy in combustion processes
Open the book and find:
* The laws of thermodynamics
* Important properties and their relationships
* The lowdown on solids, liquids, and gases
* How work and heat go handin hand
* The cycles that power thermodynamic processes
* Chemical mixtures and reactions
* Ten pioneers in thermodynamics
* Real-world applications of thermodynamic laws and concepts
* Master the concepts and principles of thermodynamics
* Develop the problem-solving skills used by professional engineers
* Ace your thermodynamics course
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
August 01, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.