Raising Your Spirited Child Rev Ed : A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic
Newly revised, featuring the most up-to-date research, effective strategies, and real-life stories
The spirited child--often called "difficult" or "strong-willed"--possesses traits we value in adults yet find challenging in children. Research shows that spirited kids are wired to be "more"--by temperament, they are more intense, sensitive, perceptive, persistent, and uncomfortable with change than the average child. In this revised edition of the award-winning classic, voted one of the top twenty books for parents, Kurcinka provides vivid examples and a refreshingly positive viewpoint. Raising Your Spirited Child will help you:
* understand your child's�--and your own--temperamental traits
* discover the power of positive--rather than negative--labels
* cope with the tantrums and power struggles when they do occur
* plan for success with a simple four-step program
* develop strategies for handling mealtimes, sibling rivalry, bedtimes, holidays, and school, among other situations
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
William Morrow Paperbacks
November 28, 2006
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.