List Price: $ 42.50
Save 25 % off List Price
Early Years Non-Fiction : Gd Helping Young Res Use and Enjoy Info
This lively and informative text examines children''s first experience of non-fiction during the pre-school and foundation years. Its careful consideration of different kinds of quality non-fiction, including books, posters, charts and computer software will provide a helpful framework from which early years teachers can work. With annotated lists, notes and suggestions for further reading, this is an ideal source of inspiration and stimulation and places literacy teaching in a fresh, modern context.
This book offers a rich resource of information, with illustrated case studies and many examples of children''s responses to non-fiction providing:
* Coverage of pre-school and foundation years for children up to 6 years of age;
* References to research findings on the place of non-fiction in early years;
* References to The National Literacy Strategy, Early Learning Goals and the National Curriculum for English;
* A substantial glossary of terms relevant to non-fiction reading and writing.
The author''s zest and expertise helps to give this book an infectious enthusiasm that will permeate the classroom, providing the nursery and primary school teacher, student teacher, or classroom assistant with an invaluable guide and resource tool.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Taylor & Francis
September 24, 2003
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.