Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Western USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch Old Faithful blow its top at Yellowstone, take a trolley ride down the streets of San Francisco, or strut down the Las Vegas Strip; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Western USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Western USA Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscape, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Over 37 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Outdoors, and Travel with Children
- Coverage of California, Colorado, Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Jerome, Santa Fe, Seattle, San Juan Islands, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Western USA, our most comprehensive guide to Western USA, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on San Francisco, Las Vegas, or Los Angeles? Check out Lonely Planet's San Francisco guide orLos Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that each city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Las Vegas, which are photo-rich guides to these cities' most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Los Angeles, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA Guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Amy C Balfour, Michael Benanav, Andrew Bender, Sara Benson, Alison Bing, Nate Cavalieri, Sarah Chandler, Lisa Dunford, Bridget Gleeson, Beth Kohn, Bradley Mayhew, Carolyn B McCarthy, Brendan Sainsbury, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, and John A Vlahides.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
June 05, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.