List Price: $ 24.99
Save 25 % off List Price
Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos & Northern Thailand Travel Guide
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Washington, DC is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spend hours under the spell of the Smithsonian Institution's many museums, see the monuments and memorials lit up at night, or shop along historic Georgetown's cobbled lanes; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Washington, DC and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Washington, DC Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, politics, arts, media, architecture, sports, cuisine, entertainment, and more.
- Free, convenient pull-out Washington, DC map (included in print version), plus over 25 color neighborhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, and Day Trips
- Coverage of National Mall, Foggy Bottom, the White House, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Downtown, Dupont Circle, Adams-Morgan, U Street, Columbia Heights, Southeast, Northeast, Northwest, Northern Virginia, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Washington, DC, our most comprehensive guide to Washington, DC, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Eastern USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Karla Zimmerman, and Regis St Louis.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
April 22, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.