List Price: $ 9.99
Save 14 % off List Price
Tamil Nadu & Chennai - Guidebook Chapter : Country Travel Guide
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet's latest India guide book and includes:
- Tamil Nadu & Chennai chapters
- Understanding India
- Tamil Nadu & Chennai maps
Tamil Nadu is the homeland of one of humanity's living classical civilisations, a people whose culture has grown, but in many ways not fundamentally altered, since the Greeks sacrificed goats to Zeus.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Tamil Nadu & Chennai, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets - all the essentials to get to the heart of Tamil Nadu & Chennai.
- Understanding India: India Today, History, The Way of Life, Spiritual India, Delicious India, The Great Indian Bazaar, Sacred Architecture, The Arts, Elephants & Tigers: India's Sanctuaries, The Landscape, Directory, Transport and Glossary
- Chennai (Madras), Northern Tamil Nadu, Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram), Vedantangal Bird Sanctuary, Kanchipuram, Vellore, Tiruvannamalai, Gingee (Senji), Puducherry (Pondicherry), Auroville, Central Tamil Nadu, Chidambaram, Kumbakonam & around, Cau very Delta, Thanjavur (Tanjore), Trichy (Tiruchirappalli), Southern Tamil Nadu, Rameswaram, Madurai, Kanyakumari (Cape Comorin), the Western Ghats, Kodaikanal (Kodai) & around, and Coimbatore.
Lonely Planet's India guide is researched and written by: Sarina Singh, Stuart Butler, Katja Gaskell, Anirban Mahapatra, Daniel McCrohan, John Noble, Amy Karafin, Kevin Raub, Trent Holden, Lindsay Brown, Mark Elliott, Kate James, Michael Benanav, Bradley Mayhew, Abigail Hole
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
March 26, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.