'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet's latest England guide book and includes:
- Newcastle & the Northeast chapter
- Understanding England
- Newcastle & the Northeast maps
No longer just an industrial wasteland, the northeast is ideal for flits into unpeopled backcountry, or check out rejuvenated Newcastle, the hipster capital of the northeast, and venture out to the spectacular Hadrian's Wall.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Newcastle & the Northeast, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets - all the essentials to get to the heart of Newcastle & the Northeast.
- Understanding England: England Today, History, The English Kitchen, Architecture in England, The English Landscape, English Literature, The Arts in England, Sporting England, Directory, Transport and Glossary
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne & around, Angel of the North, Tynemouth, County Durham, Segedunum, Durham & around, Darlington, Barnard Castle & around, North Pennines, Teesdale, Weardale, Derwent Valley, Allen Valley, Hadrian's Wall, Corbridge, Hexham, Chesters Roman Fort & Museum, Haltwhistle & around, Northumberland National Park, Rothbury & Bellingham, Kielder Water, Wooler & around, Northumberland, Alnwick, Warkworth, Craster, Dunstanburgh Castle, Embleton Bay, Farne Islands, Bamburgh, Holy Island (Lindisfarne) and Berwick-upon-Tweed & around.
Lonely Planet's England guide is researched and written by: David Else, Peter Dragicevich, Belinda Dixon, Joe Bindloss, Neil Wilson, Marc Di Duca, Oliver Berry, Etain O'Carroll, Fionn Davenport
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
March 19, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.