List Price: $ 18.95
Save 25 % off List Price
Green Medicine : Challenging the Assumptions of Conventional Health Care
According to Dr. Larry Malerba, modern medicine has perfected the short-term technical repair of the physical body at the expense of the long-term psychological and spiritual well-being of the whole person. In Green Medicine he examines this issue and provides a realistic blueprint for wellness and a valuable guide for those seeking deeper and more lasting healing. Written in an accessible style, the book draws on a rich range of fields--physics, philosophy, Jungian thought, shamanism, alchemy, Eastern thought, Western esotericism, sustainability, orthodox medicine--to create a green medical paradigm that represents a powerful integrative medical perspective.
Dr. Malerba interweaves case histories from his own practice with innovative concepts from alternative and Western medicine in order to address a number of crucial questions:
* What are the personal and environmental costs to the overuse of pharmaceutical drugs?
* Is conventional medicine as scientific as it claims to be?
* How can conventional doctors and alternative healers begin to work together?
* How can individuals transform medicine and become participants in their own healthcare?
Green Medicine offers a practical and philosophical basis for building a viable green alternative that draws on the inherent unity of body, heart, mind, soul, and nature.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
North Atlantic Books
March 14, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.