Practical, Real-World ITIL Configuration Management--From Start to Finish
The IT Infrastructure Library(r) (ITIL) places the "best practices" in IT operations at your command. ITIL helps you make better technology choices, manages IT more effectively, and drives greater business value from all your IT investments. The core of ITIL is configuration management: the discipline of identifying, tracking, and controlling your IT environment's diverse components to gain accurate and timely information for better decision-making.
Now, there's a practical, start-to-finish guide to ITIL configuration management for every IT leader, manager, and practitioner. ITIL-certified architect and solutions provider Larry Klosterboer helps you establish a clear roadmap for success, customize standard processes to your unique needs, and avoid the pitfalls that stand in your way.
You'll learn how to plan your implementation, deploy tools and processes, administer ongoing configuration management tasks, refine ITIL information, and leverage it for competitive advantage. Throughout, Klosterboer demystifies ITIL's jargon, illuminates each technique with real-world advice and examples, and helps you focus on the specific techniques that offer maximum business value in your environment.
* Assessing your current configuration management maturity and setting goals for improvement
* Gathering and managing requirements to align ITIL with organizational needs
* Describing the schema of your configuration management database (CMDB)
* Identifying, capturing, and organizing configuration data
* Choosing the best tools for your requirements
* Integrating data and processes to create a unified logical CMDB and configuration management service
* Implementing pilot projects to demonstrate the value of configuration management and to test your planning
* Moving from a pilot to wide-scale enterprise deployment
* Defining roles for deployment and ongoing staffing
* Leveraging configuration management information: Reporting and beyond
* Measuring and improving CMDB data accuracy
Covers ITIL version 3.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
January 01, 2008
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.