Six major islands. One indispensable guide.
A friend has gone before you and tells it like it is in the conversational guide to Hawaii. Veteran travel writer and photographer Kim Grant cuts through the tourist brochure clutter to help you maximize your precious time and money. Utterly reliable and comprehensive, she gives completely updated listings of resorts, condos, vacation cottages, and campgrounds, and hundreds of dining recommendations, from plate lunches and local grinds to seared ahi and Kona lobster at haute eateries.
But Grant steers you where other guides don't. As a part-time resident, she guides you to waterfalls and volcanoes; takes you snorkeling and golfing; finds authentic luaus; illuminates the nuances of hula; and unearths fine contemporary craftsmen and Hawaiiana collectibles. She also includes musts for first-time visitors, ideas for repeat visitors, building blocks for perfect days, and much more.
Other guide features include:
* Suggested itineraries for varying lengths of stays and purposeful getaways
* Sidebars on the Hawaiian language and Hawaii regional cuisine
* Calendar guides to annual events and celebrations
* An alphabetical "What's Where" guide for trip planning
* Handy icons point out best values, "must dos," family-friendly activities, and rainy-day activities
Explorer's Guide Hawaii: reliable insider's recommendations for the best of the best lodging, dining, and activities, complete with specialized itineraries, "must-see" lists and helpful advice for first-time visitors.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
December 01, 2008
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.