List Price: $ 30.00
Save 25 % off List Price
The Outstanding Organization : Generate Business Results by Eliminating Chaos and Building the Foundation for Everyday Excellence
After two decades in the trenches of helping companies design and build better, more efficient operations, Karen Martin has pinpointed why performance improvement programs usually fail: Chaos, the sneaky but powerful force that frustrates customers, keeps business leaders awake at night, and saps company morale.
In The Outstanding Organization, Karen offers a toolbox for combating chaos by creating the organizational conditions that will allow your improvement efforts to return greater gains.
Proven, practical, and surprisingly simple, Karen's system focuses on four key behaviors for organizational excellence--Clarity, Focus, Discipline, Engagement--that, once instilled into a company's DNA, open the door to sustainable growth and profit. This well-organized, inviting-to-read guide reveals everything you need to know about:
* How the lack of clarity and focus adds millions of dollars of unnecessary labor expense and slows progress on all fronts
* How you can gain a competitive edge by adopting the type of disciplined behaviors typically found in the military, science, law enforcement, sports, and the arts
* Why you should stop worrying about employee satisfaction--and start concerning yourself with employee engagement
* Why adopting various improvement approaches without building a foundation for success won't solve your problems--and will likely create more chaos
Although you don't like the chaos that you're currently coping with, you've probably come to accept it. You don't have to if you follow the path Karen lays out.
This no-nonsense book helps you get to the crux of the problem, so you can inject the sensible, disciplined calm that enables the levels of performance and innovation mandated by today's business environment--and help your organization become truly outstanding.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
McGraw-Hill Companies, The
June 12, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.