The tradition of ancient philosophy is a long, rich and varied one, in which the notes of discussion and argument constantly resound. This book introduces ancient debates, engaging us with the ancient developments of their themes. Moving away from the presentation of ancient philosophy as a succession of great thinkers, the book gives readers a sense of the freshness and liveliness of ancient philosophy, and of its wide variety of themes and styles.
* A new title in the successful Very Short Introductions series, publishing alongside other philosophy titles
* Julia Annas is one of the most important scholars working in the field
* Annas Introduction to Platos Republic (Oxford, 1981) has sold 19,000 copies in paperback
* Published along with other new philosophy titles in the Very Short Introductions series
* VSI Classics has sold 13,000 copies since publication.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Oxford University Press, Incorporated
November 01, 2000
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.