The Fifteen Biggest Lies About The Economy : And Everything Else the Right Doesn't Want You to Know about Taxes, Jobs, and Corporate America
AlterNet editor Joshua Holland demolishes the Right's biggest and most outrageous myths about the economy
Taxes kill growth. Labor unions hurt their members. Government regulation destroys jobs. These are just a few of the biggest lies in the web of misinformation spun by conservatives and the Chamber of Commerce. Holland's book dissects each malicious fiction to show how the Right is just plain wrong on the economy--wrong on jobs, wrong on the deficit, wrong on taxes, wrong on trade.
* Takes down old and new conservative myths about the economy, including healthcare, stimulus, progressive taxes, Wall Street regulation, and more
* Filled with recent quotes from conservative politicians and pundits, from the misleading to the laughable to the totally outrageous
* Tackles specific aspects of the Republicans' economic agenda, including their 2010 alternatives to Obama's budget
* Deftly written and rigorously documented by Alternet senior writer/editor Joshua Holland
With the economy set to be the driving issue before and after the 2010 midterm elections, The Fifteen Biggest Lies about the Economy sets the record straight on every part of the conservatives' economic agenda.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
September 01, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.