Face it, being a rock guitarist is just about the coolest thing you can be - next to a secret agent with a black belt in karate. But even if you were a butt-kicking international person of mystery, playing rock guitar would still be cooler because it involves art, passion, power, poetry, and the ability to move an audience of listeners. Whether "moving your listeners" means mowing down crowd surfers with your power chords or making the audience cry with your sensitive melodies, no other musical instrument allows you so much versatility.
Whatever rocks your world, Rock Guitar For Dummies can help you bring that message out through your fingers and onto that electric guitar that's slung over your shoulder. If you're a beginner, you'll discover what you need to know to start playing immediately, without drowning in complicated music theory. If you've been playing for a while, you can pick up some tips to help improve your playing and move to the next level.
Here's a sampling of the topics covered in Rock Guitar For Dummies:
* How electric guitars and amplifiers work
Choosing the right guitar and amp for you, and how to care for them
Left-hand and right-hand guitar techniques
* The different styles of rock guitar playing
* Creating great riffs
* The history of rock guitar
* Buying accessories for your new toy
* Top Ten lists of the guitarists you should listen to, the rock albums you must have, and the classic guitars you should know about.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
October 01, 2001
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.