Essential Supreme Court Decisions : Summaries of Leading Cases in U.S. Constitutional Law Fifteenth Edition
First published in 1954, this indispensable reference quickly became the gold standard for concise summaries of important U.S. Supreme Court cases. The only reference guide to Supreme Court cases organized both topically and chronologically within chapters so that readers understand how cases fit into a historical context, the 15th edition has been extensively revised to ensure that it remains the most up-to-date resource available. An essential resource for law students, lawyers, and everyone interested in our nation's Constitution and the Supreme Court decisions that explicate it.
* Clear concise summaries of the most frequently cited cases since the establishment of the U.S. Supreme Court
* Each summary gives the question at issue, the decision and the reason behind it, votes of the justices, pertinent corollary cases, and notes offering further information on the subject
* Detailed explanation of the organization and functions of the Supreme Court
* A complete text of the Constitution of the United States
* Glossary of Legal Terms
* Alphabetical List of Cases Briefed
* Chronological List of Cases by Chief Justice
* Listings of the chief justices and associate justices, the dates of their service, and president who appointed them, their state of origin, and their birth and death dates
* Over 400 cases included
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Rowman & Littlefield
August 03, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.