List Price: $ 59.95
Save 25 % off List Price
Football Goes East : Business, Culture and the People's Game in East Asia
Global popular culture and big business have revolutionised the East in a generation. Football, Sport of the masses and now commercial super power, has travelled with this tide of change in the East in its own right.
The development of football as a major participatory sport in Japan, Korea and China makes it a fascinating case study for analysis of the complex relationship between sport, culture, society and economy in the East. Football is also a useful entry point for examination of the phenomena of increasing globalisation, and this theme is widely discussed.
This broad ranging collection of essays includes:
- Social change and national identity
- Women''s football and gender traditions
- Finance and investment in football
- The development of professional football
- Football and the media
- Football Fans, ''hooliganis'' and soccer supporter culture
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
Taylor & Francis
November 02, 2004
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.