The Orthodox Church : An Introduction to its History, Doctrine, and Spiritual Culture
* This important work offers the most comprehensive and up-to-date account of the Orthodox Church available, providing a detailed account of its historical development, as well as exploring Orthodox theology and culture
* Written by one of the leading Orthodox historians and theologians in the English-speaking world
* Offers an in-depth engagement with the issues surrounding Orthodoxy's relationship to the modern world, including political, cultural and ethical debates
* Considers the belief tradition, spirituality, liturgical diversity, and Biblical heritage of the Eastern Churches; their endurance of oppressions and totalitarianisms; and their contemporary need to rediscover their voice and confidence in a new world-order
* Recipient of a CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title for 2009 award
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
December 01, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.