Saying-or hearing-just the right words can bring life to tired spirits, reignite fiery minds, and mend broken hearts. Nowhere can readers find a more inspiring collection of words to stir their souls than in Big Wisdom (Little Book). Featuring 1,001 thoughts, sayings, and nuggets of wisdom, this charming book gleans insight from ancient biblical proverbs as well as contemporary writings, providing direction for living each day, such as:
- Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. --Winston Churchill
- You're blessed when you feel content with just who you are-no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can be bought. --Jesus, Gospel ofMatthew
- Oppurtunity is miss by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
- I can do no great things, only small things with great love. --Mother Teresa
- When you realize you've made a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm. --Dan Heist
Offering the perfect words for any occasion, Big Wisdom (Little Book) makes a timeless gift for someone special or a cherished bedside reader for yourself.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
June 19, 2005
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.