All You Want to Know But Didn't Think You Could Ask : Religions, Cults, and Popular Beliefs
Everything teens and young adults need to know about world religions and philosophies in one convenient book! As our global world becomes smaller, we encounter more religions and popular beliefs than we ever have before. This book from a high school religion teacher and a professor of religion clarifies the founding, history, practices, and beliefs of forty groups. Each chapter puts the group in context and explains how the religion is similar to or different from Christianity. No other book covers such a wide range of topics from Islam, Shamanism, and Mormonism, to atheism, vampirism, and astrology.
- Charts and tables for easy comparison of different religious beliefs and practices
- Coverage of world religions, new religions, and religions in popular culture
- Overviews of the founding, history, and typical followers of each religion
- Written for classroom or individual study
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
February 21, 2012
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.