Saddle up for some creative fun!
The pure beauty and spirit of horses makes them a favorite subject for artists. With the friendly instruction in this book, rendering these magnificent animals is both achievable and fun, even for beginners. Step by step, Jeanne Filler Scott shows you how to draw and paint the elegant lines, graceful movements and unique personalities that capture your heart.
* 12 start-to-finish projects cover a variety of poses and subjects, from stately portraits of race horses to cute foals at play
* Step-by-step demonstrations show how to depict accurate anatomy, powerful legs, flowing manes, expressive eyes, authentic coat colors and other key elements of realistic likenesses
* Profiles outline the distinguishing characteristics and proportions of popular breeds and various stages of maturity
* Rundowns on basic tools and techniques help you get started in pencil, acrylics and oils
From taking reference photos to painting backgrounds, from formal portraits to everyday pasture scenes, this book covers everything you need to turn your love of horses into enjoyable and lifelike art.
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
F&W Media, Inc.
December 31, 2010
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.