What's Good on TV? Understanding Ethics Through Television presents an introduction to the basic theories and concepts of moral philosophy using concrete examples from classic and contemporary television shows.
* Utilizes clear examples from popular contemporary and classic television shows, such as The Office, Law and Order, Star Trek and Family Guy, to illustrate complex philosophical concepts
* Designed to be used as a stand-alone or supplementary introductory ethics text
* Features case studies, study questions, and suggested readings
* Episodes mentioned are from a wide variety of television shows, and are easily accessible
* Offers a balanced treatment of a number of controversial ethical issues including environmental ethics, animal welfare, abortion, homosexuality, capital punishment, assisted suicide, censorship and the erosion of values
* Visit the companion website at www.whatsgoodontv.webs.com
There are no customer reviews available at this time. Would you like to write a review?
July 25, 2011
Number of Print Pages*
Adobe DRM EPUB
* Number of eBook pages may differ. Click here for more information.